On Sunday 17 October 2004 07:49, Randal L. Schwartz wrote:
"Shlomi" == Shlomi Fish <shlomif@iglu.org.il> writes:
Shlomi> The history of this article is a bit eventful. What I can say
Shlomi> is that I sent it to Freshmeat.net because I saw that my
Shlomi> editor at O'ReillyNet was not responsive. However, after it
Shlomi> was sent, I received some more commentary from him, which I
Shlomi> did not respond to or integrate yet. The Freshmeat article
Shlomi> eventually was edited and published, afterwards without this
Shlomi> commentary, because its editor invested time in publishing
Shlomi> it. It is still mostly pertinent.

You are apparently not taking seriously anything that is being said
that is critical of you.
Why do you think so?
Your story above also argues for that. In
fact, it says that Freshmeat is willing to publish any random
half-thought-through opinion, which means that it's about as worthless
as a blog. I'd admire that O'ReillyNet failed to accept your dribble
as requested.
That's not quite accurate. I sent the article to the O'Reilly Net editor a few
times, in which he passed critique on it. The last time I sent it to him, I
waited for quite a long time, and so believed I won't get an answer.
Throughout the all time, I wasn't sure that the article will be published
there and the editor's purpose was to make sure the article was good enough.

After I waited for a while, I sent it to the Freshmeat editor. Then, a few
days since, I received a reply from the O'Reilly Net editor with extra
critique of the article. I did not have a chance to respond to it, because I
was busy in other things. A few days afterwards, I received a notice from the
Freshmeat editor that he edited the article, and was about to publish it. So
it had to be published there.

Regards,

Shlomi Fish

Shlomi Fish shlomif@iglu.org.il