Yes, I also thought along these lines, this simplifies customization a lot.
And +1 to Jörn comment below about security.

Aliaksandr
On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 3:03 PM, william.colen@gmail.com wrote:

To bundle models inside a jar file would be nice also because of the
customization factories. While using maven we can make a model depend on
external jar that provides the factory.