On Thu, 4 Sep 2003 18:10:09 +0200 Markus Gerwinski wrote:

----- Forwarded message from "Scott M. Duke-Sylvester"
<sylv@tiem.utk.edu> -----

Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 12:04:02 -0400
From: "Scott M. Duke-Sylvester" <sylv@tiem.utk.edu>
To: Markus Gerwinski <markus@gerwinski.de>
Subject: Re: mysql++ make failure

Markus,
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Sorry, I should have
included those details. I was frustrated when I posted. Not with
mysql++, but with the problem I'm currently trying to solve.

I'm trying to compile mysql++ on Sun Solaris 8 using the Sun
WorkShop 6 C++ compiler, since according to what I have read, gcc 2.95.3

doesn't work. (I don't have very much control over the gcc compiler, I'm

not the sysadmin here). Since the problem with gcc is exceptions, and
exceptions seem to work in Workshop 6, I thought I would try to compile
with that. I passed the CC=cc and CXX=CC defs to ./configure. However, I

can't get passed the makefile error. I'm using GNU make version 3.79.1.
Again, I have limited control over the version of make. The errors
listed in the original message are what I get from make. When I check
out line 222 in the Makefile in ./mysql++-1.7.9/sqlplusint I see make
code that is beyond my ability to understand. Line 222 looks like :

AMDEP_TRUE@@am__include@ @am__quote@$(DEPDIR)/coldata.Plo@am__quote@

I did look through the list of patches, and none of them appear to apply
to my situation. If I can get past the makefile problem I might be able
to come up with a patch for mysql++ that will allow the code to compile
on systems similar to mine.

MySQL++ works beautifully with GCC 2.95.3, but does not work with Sun's Forte,
unless you would wish to port it ..

--

Sincerely,

--