Yves Goergen wrote:
On 05.02.2008 23:25 CE(S)T, Baron Schwartz wrote:
You can't select from a table you're updating at the same time. What
"at the same time" means is a bit unclear unless you're one of the
MySQL developers ;-)
Yes, Paul DuBois already replied to me off-list. Now I found that
documentation part and understand that MySQL cannot do this. (Haven't
tested whether other DBMS can, would be pointless anyway.)

My goal was to copy some potentially large BLOB from one record to
another in the same table, nothing more. I have now chosen the way to
fetch it from the database and have my application just write it back
again. I wanted to avoid this unnecessary copying around.
Update table set blob2_field=blob1_field;

groupmysql @
categoriesmysql
postedFeb 5, '08 at 4:26p
activeFeb 7, '08 at 11:06a