Thomas Spahni wrote:

the column type will limit the number of characters per row. A column
of
type TEXT will hold up to 65,535 characters but with LONGTEXT you can
put
up to 4,294,967,295 charcters into one row. I have an application with
Texts of up to 200 pages in one column. Full-Text Search is handling
this
very well.

Thanks...

Really?! If I can follow-up with another question, does experience suggest Full-Text Search handles a large number of such documents efficiently? For example, I am expecting to have (up to) one million documents in my database. I was considering breaking each document into paragraphs for search efficiency, but if Full-Text Search can search return results quickly on a large number of "long" (e.g. 10,000+ character) documents, my database has just become much simpler.

Eric

groupmysql @
categoriesmysql
postedDec 3, '04 at 3:30p