I think we should add this to the implementation of the tomahawk
DataTable. We can not change UIData since this behavior is specified
in the spec (see API Doc for UIData.encodeBegin()). Unfortunately I´m
currently not able to find the time to set up my test environment with
the new maven build system.

I wonder how UIXTable is able to determine default values in nested
components. Do you compare the row state objects with the state object
w/o row scope?