At 9:51 AM -0700 6/9/04, Todd Cranston-Cuebas wrote:
lot, but you get the point. Until people can pick a cheap, reliable, and
well-known hosting service where mod_perl is one of the main options, you
But it has to be more than mod_perl. mod_perl is far too low-level.
Even Embperl or Mason require too much work to get started. It
absolutely has to be a layer above that. You want something that
provides the basic tools right up front, so that your typical web
site (feedback forms, press releases...) is a no-brainer, and after
that the user is hooked. What we could really use is a company that
fills the RedHat/Cygnus space for Perl, pulling all the separate
components together into a useful whole, and adding new glue where
necessary. And for maximum leverage, part of that glue should be a
mod_perl-based version of what's currently available in PHP, for use
as a transition tool. It's not too late, but it's getting close.
--
Kee Hinckley
http://www.messagefire.com/ Next Generation Spam Defense

everyone else's.