Has anyone tried subclassing DBIx::Recordset? I've been playing with
it and there are a couple issues that I've found.

1. There are a number of places in the code where the current object
is compared to DBIx::Recordset with an 'eq' rather than using an
'isa'. That's pretty easy to fix.
2. There are a number of places where the hash and array helper
classes are called. To do what I want I would need to subclass them
as well. Which means that I'd probably have to add functionality to
allow the DBIx::Recordset class and subclasses to store the names of
the helper classes they want to use.

At present I'm inclined towards using encapsulation instead, and
making use of AUTOLOAD to redirect any unknown functions to the
internal DBIx::Recordset object, but I wondered if anyone had any
thoughts on the matter.
--
Kee Hinckley
http://www.messagefire.com/ Next Generation Spam Defense