At 3:48 PM +0800 9/19/03, Sherwin Daganato wrote:
On Thu, Sep 18, 2003 at 02:51:19PM -0700, Gerardo Schimpf wrote:
Hi guys!
I'm looking Perl Module that does email decoder.
I mean something that I gave to the email file and the Module returns
the Message, Subject, Headers, etc, etc.
FROM perldoc Mail::Internet
NAME
Mail::Internet - manipulate Internet format (RFC 822) mail messages
[...]
DESCRIPTION
This package provides a class object which can be used for reading,
creating, manipulating and writing a message with RFC822 compliant
headers.
Frankly, if you're just doing headers I'm not sure I'd bother with
any package, the overhead usually isn't worth it if all you want to
do is grab certain headers. (Unless of course you need to do things
like decode encoded subjects and the like.)

If you start writing a new application, you may want to use the
Mail::Box set of packages (requires perl 5.6.1), which has more fea-
tures. See http://perl.overmeer.net/mailbox.
That might be okay for headers (modulo my comment above). However I
found it not good for webmail because it wants to read the entire
mailbox every time. If you have each file as a message that doesn't
scale well. It would work for a normal application, but on the web
that means re-reading all the headers every time a page is fetched.
--
Kee Hinckley
http://www.messagefire.com/ Next Generation Spam Defense

everyone else's.