On 02/01/11 07:32, Fred Moyer wrote:
Another thing that comes to mind after rolling the 2.0.5 rc is that we
should start shipping the Apache-* based modules separately as CPAN
distributions when we release 2.0.6.
Last I heard this was for historical reasons, but I'm like hey this 2.x.

We can always do version 2.2 or 3.0 if it makes people expect changes
more easily.
We should be moving towards more modularity; trying to get mod_perl
2.0.5 out has definitely seen the coupling of the Apache::* modules to
it as a bottleneck. I think that if we can remove the Apache::*
modules from the distribution with 2.0.6, Gozer may be able to work
his magic and decouple APR::* from mod_perl in 2.0.7. Wouldn't that
be cool :)
And maybe even use apr 1.x interfaces instead of 0.9.x

1024D/DB9B8C1C B90B FBC3 A3A1 C71A 8E70 3F8C 75B8 8FFB DB9B 8C1C
VP Apache Infrastructure; Member, Apache Software Foundation
Committer, FreeBSD Foundation
Consultant, P6M7G8 Inc.
Sr. System Admin, Ridecharge Inc.

Work like you don't need the money,