handle NULLs at all for CHAR or VARCHAR fields. If you insert null into
them it is magically transformed into an empty string '', thus solving
the sorting issue.
On 2012-11-24 08:38, Stephane-3 wrote:
Hi Dennis,

Thanks for the feedback. I'm impressed by the fact that you succeeded in not
using any different sql syntax for the different database servers out there.
I'm faced with the ordering by "nulls first on MySql" vs "nulls last on
Oracle" issue on resorted to a specific DAO method for Oracle with a native
sql statement containing the "nulls first" clause. Haven't you been bitten
by this one ? :-)

I posted on the Hibernate forum as it is more a Hibernate issue than a Maven
one.

https://forum.hibernate.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1024833

Kind Regards,