On 2012-11-23 06:44, Stephane-3 wrote:
Hello Dennis,
Hi Stephane
I'm interested in how you set up your multi database servers with syntax
specifics project.

Could you elaborate on that ?
As I explained in an earlier post, we have a couple of different .ddl
scripts that helps us set up a database from scratch for running tests.
These handle the differences in syntax between database vendors when it
comes to setting up the database.

Our current setup is:
- Derby for automatic unit testing
- MySQL for integration testing using an external test database on
another server. It is activated by a profile in the POM that redirects
all tests to that database instead of the embedded Derby one.
- MySQL or Oracle in production, depending on product
I have a MySql based project and am now trying to port it on Oracle but some
sql statements need specific syntax.
We do not use different SQL syntax for different databases in our Java
code - we use the same DAO implementations for all databases.
It would be nice to inject some Oracle specific DAOs in the Spring context
when the sql syntax requires iit.
Sorry, can't be of any help when it comes to Spring...
Thanks for any direction tips !