+1

On 25 November 2012 23:09, Benson Margulies wrote:
On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 5:29 PM, Christian Schulte wrote:
Am 11/25/12 20:42, schrieb Jason van Zyl:
I wish RCs were useful, but I don't believe anyone really looks or
takes the time to even try anything until it's actually released.
It's not hard to make RCs. So if folks want them, not a problem, I can
roll an RC.
Anyone have an opinion?
Problem is (was?) with tags pushed to github ending up wrong. For
example, the tag 'maven-3.0.4' at <https://github.com/apache/maven-3>
just isn't the final 3.0.4.
I've always thought that one of the virtues of git was that the RM
could hold off pushing the tag until the release vote passes. If
people want to see it, we could push to a temporary vote repo to
expose it.

It's a pre 3.0.4-RC and there have been
changes between that initial tag and the final tag in subversion, if I
remember correctly. So tagging a 3.1.0 now, removing that tag and then
re-creating another 3.1.0 tag is a bit problematic when the intial tag
already got pushed to github.

--
Christian