So it is not to create the shaded artifact at a different coordinate
without requiring the creation of an additional module?

I agree it seems a tad insane, but if we could get bentmann to chime in as
to what it is actually supposed to do, then I think we can make a correct
decision...

Of course the code may not work... Which is a different issue...

But having to create a module with a Pom that has to be kept in sync just
to put the shaded artifact with dependency reduced Pom at a different
coordinate... Does seem wasteful... Otoh how is the reactor to know the
artifact will magically appear and hence produce the correct build plan...

So I have nearly convinced myself that it is insane... But let's ask!