We built and open sourced haft precisely for such use cases.
https://github.com/bloomreach/solrcloud-haft

<https://github.com/bloomreach/solrcloud-haft> You can clone an entire
cluster or selective collections between clusters. It has only been tested
upto solr 4.10.

Let me know if you run into issues
Nitin
On Monday, June 22, 2015, Erick Erickson wrote:

Currently, one is best off treating these as two separate clusters and
having your client send the data to both, or reproducing your
system-of-record and running your DCs completely separately.

Hopefully soon, though, there'll be what you're asking for
active/passive DCs, see:

Best,
Erick

On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 10:16 AM, StrW_dev <r.j.bamberg@structweb.nl