The AMIs are Red Hat (not Amazon's) and the instances are properly sized
for the environment (t1.micro for ZK, m3.xlarge for Solr). I do plan to add
hooks for a clean shutdown of Solr when the VM is shut down, but if Solr
takes too long, AWS may clobber it anyway. One frustrating part of auto
scaling shutdown is that you can't log into the 'vanishing machine' to view
the logs.

Peter