I just tried a simple test with the example data, and things seem to
be working fine...

I tried this:
http://localhost:8983/solr/select
   ?q=*:*
   &rows=100
   &fl=id, inStock, if(inStock,10,0)

I saw values of 10 when inStock==true and values of 0 when it was
missing or explicitly false.
Perhaps you forgot to commit your changes when you removed the inStock
field from one of the example docs?

-Yonik
http://lucidworks.com

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 9:25 AM, Elodie Sannier