If you just want to retrieve those counts, this seems like simple faceting.

q=something
facet=true
facet.query=product:hunger
facet.query=product:games

-Yonik
http://lucidworks.com
On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 9:45 AM, Tony Mullins wrote:
Hi ,

I have lots of crawled data, indexed in my Solr (4.3.0) and lets say user
creates a search criteria 'X1' and he/she wants to know the occurrence of a
specific term in the result set of that 'X1' search criteria.
And then again he/she creates another search criteria 'X2' and he/she wants
to know the occurrence of that same term in the result set of that 'X2'
search criteria.

At the moment if I give termfreq(field,term) then it gives me the term
frequency per document and if I use totaltermfreq(field,term), it gives me
the total term frequency in entire index not in the result set of my search
criteria.

So what I need is your help to find how to how to get total occurrence of a
term in query's result set.

If this is my result set

<doc>
<str name="type">Movies</str>
<str name="format">dvd</str>

<doc>
<str name="type">Books</str>
<str name="format">paperback</str>

And I am looking for term 'hunger' in product field then I want to get
value = '2' , and if I am searching for term 'games' in product field I
want to get value = '1' .

Thanks,
Tony

groupsolr-user @