On Jun 24, 2013, at 12:51 AM, Aaron Greenspan wrote:

all of them are terrible,
it looks like you can edit some XML files (if you can find them)
The wiki itself is full of semi-useless information, which is pretty infuriating since it's supposed to be the best source.
Statements like "standard Java web security can be added by tuning the container and the Solr web application configuration itself via web.xml" are not helpful to me.
this giant mess,
It's just common sense.
Netscape Enterprise Server prompted you to do that a decade and a half ago
But either way, that's a pretty ridiculous solution.
I don't know of any other server product that disregards security so willingly.

Why are you wasting your time with such an inferior project? Perhaps ElasticSearch is more to your liking.

xoxo,
Andy

--
Andy Lester => andy@petdance.com => www.petdance.com => AIM:petdance