I had a similar issue sometime back and was unable to make multi-word ngram
match to work. As a workaround, for the require field I replaced all space
characters with underscore during indexing. While searching, I also replace
spaces with underscore (for that field) before passing it to the search
server.

I suspect there is a more elegant solution using proper tokenizer and
filters, but could not figure that out. This simple hack works for my
use-case.