are you missing the port number in the master's url ?

-tck

On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 4:44 PM, William Pierce wrote:

Folks:

I am seeing this exception in my logs that is causing my replication to
fail. I start with a clean slate (empty data directory). I index the
data on the postingsmaster using the dataimport handler and it succeeds.
When the replication slave attempts to replicate it encounters this error.

Dec 7, 2009 9:20:00 PM org.apache.solr.handler.SnapPuller fetchLatestIndex
SEVERE: Master at: http://localhost/postingsmaster/replication is not
available. Index fetch failed. Exception: Invalid version or the data in not
in 'javabin' format

Any clues as to what I should look for to debug this further?

Replication is enabled as follows:

The postingsmaster solrconfig.xml looks as follows:

<requestHandler name="/replication" class="solr.ReplicationHandler" >
<lst name="master">
<!--Replicate on 'optimize' it can also be 'commit' -->
<str name="replicateAfter">commit</str>
<!--If configuration files need to be replicated give the names here .
comma separated -->
<str name="confFiles"></str>
</lst>
</requestHandler>

The postings slave solrconfig.xml looks as follows:

<requestHandler name="/replication" class="solr.ReplicationHandler" >
<lst name="slave">
<!--fully qualified url for the replication handler of master -->
<str name="masterUrl">http://localhost/postingsmaster/replication
</str>
<!--Interval in which the slave should poll master .Format is
HH:mm:ss . If this is absent slave does not poll automatically.
But a snappull can be triggered from the admin or the http API -->
<str name="pollInterval">00:05:00</str>
</lst>
</requestHandler>

Thanks,