I am indexing my database using Lucene 2.9. Upto 10 GB of index it was
working fine. I have appened no. of time to create an index of around 10 GB
. for indexing i am using :

* IndexWriter writer = new IndexWriter(dir, analyzer, false,
IndexWriter.MaxFieldLength.**UNLIMITED)
*
However, when i further try to add more document in index i got following
error:

Exception in thread "Lucene Merge Thread #0"
org.apache.lucene.index.MergePolicy$MergeException: java.io.IOException:
File too large
at
org.apache.lucene.index.ConcurrentMergeScheduler.handleMergeException(ConcurrentMergeScheduler.java:351)
at
org.apache.lucene.index.ConcurrentMergeScheduler$MergeThread.run(ConcurrentMergeScheduler.java:315)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: File too large
at java.io.RandomAccessFile.setLength(Native Method)
at
org.apache.lucene.store.SimpleFSDirectory$SimpleFSIndexOutput.setLength(SimpleFSDirectory.java:224)
at
org.apache.lucene.index.CompoundFileWriter.close(CompoundFileWriter.java:175)
at
org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentMerger.createCompoundFile(SegmentMerger.java:217)
at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.mergeMiddle(IndexWriter.java:5114)
at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.merge(IndexWriter.java:4614)
at
org.apache.lucene.index.ConcurrentMergeScheduler.doMerge(ConcurrentMergeScheduler.java:235)
at
org.apache.lucene.index.ConcurrentMergeScheduler$MergeThread.run(ConcurrentMergeScheduler.java:291)

I am using Ubuntu 8.04. Is this issue due to OS file size limit? Looking for
your support.

Best Regards,
Surendra

grouplucene-net-user @