Hi everybody,

I have a pretty generic question about token filters, and I am not really sure whether it is a developer or a configuration question:

How exactly do I make lucene map letters to each other, e.g. make it treat both 'a' and 'á' as one and the same letter, or both '写' and '寫' one and the same character? I am sure this question has appeared before and there are sample implementations or sample configuration files out there, but I could not find them on my own.

I only need to map single letters (i.e. no 'oe' <=> 'ö'), but in a multi-byte charset. I have some modest experience in programming in java, but am far from being a guru.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Jan