Hi Ian,

Thanks for your reply. But even this isn't working.
My document is not getting deleted.

Can you please suggest me something else?

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 3:21 PM, Ian Lea wrote:

Try Term term = new Term("DocId", contract.getDocId());. See the
javadocs for the difference between that and what you have.

You don't need to call optimize() all the time, it at all.

--
Ian.

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 9:24 AM, Pranav goyal

I tried 3-4 ways to delete a document but still no results. I am using
Lucene 3.1

I used writer.UpdateDocuments(Term term, Document d)
as well as write.addDocument(d); and after that
writer.deleteDocuments(d);
Using both I am not able to delete the previous document.

Is there any problem in my code?

String q1 = contract.getDocId();
Term term = new Term(contract.getDocId()); // where DocId is my field
try {
writer.deleteDocuments(term);
System.out.println("Deleting Document with the term "+term);
} catch (IOException e) {
e.printStackTrace(); //To change body of catch statement use
File | Settings | File Templates.
}
d.add(new Field("DocId",q1,Field.Store.YES,Field.Index.NOT_ANALYZED));
writer.addDocument(d);
writer.optimize() ;
writer.close();

Same is the result when I use writer.updateDocument(term,d)