hard to say. You should get a copy of Luke and inspect your index to
see if what you
think you put there is actually there. When you added data to your
index, did you
perform a commit?

Best
Erick
On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 2:45 AM, Pranav goyal wrote:
There is one field DocId which I am storing as well as indexing and DocId
and it's value is 00000341

But the search results are giving me 0 results.
Is there any error in my code for searching?

StandardAnalyzer analyzer = new StandardAnalyzer(Version.LUCENE_31);
IndexSearcher searcher = null;
try {
searcher = new IndexSearcher(FSDirectory.open(indexDir));
} catch (CorruptIndexException e) {
e.printStackTrace();
} catch (IOException e) {
e.printStackTrace();
}
QueryParser parser = new
QueryParser(Version.LUCENE_31,"text",analyzer);

String[] queryStrings = new String[] {  "00000341",
"9346868468" };
TopDocs results = null;
for (String queryString : queryStrings) {
System.out.println("searching for: " + queryString);
Query query1;
try {
query1 = parser.parse(queryString);
try {
results = searcher.search(query1,10);
} catch (IOException e) {
e.printStackTrace();
}
} catch (ParseException e)
e.printStackTrace();
}

System.out.println("total hits: " + results.totalHits);
ScoreDoc[] hits = results.scoreDocs;
Document doc = null;
for (ScoreDoc hit : hits)
{

try {
doc = searcher.doc(hit.doc);
} catch (CorruptIndexException e) {
e.printStackTrace();
} catch (IOException e) {
e.printStackTrace();
}
System.out.printf("%5.3f %sn", hit.score,
doc.get("DocId"));
}