Hello all,

We have very large documents with large numbers of unique terms. Our documents average about 800,000 KB and about 200,000 tokens. In trying to understand how often the ramBuffer gets flushed to disk we turned on the IndexWriter log.
<infoStream file="/tmp/IndexWriter.log">true</infoStream>

With the Solr default setting of ramBufferSizeMB=32 it appears that the buffer is flushing every 2-10 documents.

When we see this in the IndexWriter log: "flush postings as segment _9hw numDocs=2", does this mean that the buffer is writing a segment that contains only 2 documents?

Also how do we interpret the following?

"DW: ramUsed=33.467 MB newFlushedSize=6764406 docs/MB=0.155 new/old=19.276%"

What does "docs/MB" and 'new/old" mean?

Tom

groupjava-user @
categorieslucene