From: vijay reddy
Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2010 8:57 AM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Using Lucene to Query File properties in Windows

Hi ,

I am planning to use Apache lucense in one of my projects, I want to index
files based on the file properties (I won't be indexing the data) and I want
lucense to query the index so that I can quickly find list of files to based on
the properties .

E.g: give me all the files with access time greater than 10/10/2005 and access
time less than 10/04/2010 and file created by james.

Can i use Lucene for these kind of projects ?

does Lucense supprot queries like above ?