Sure. Create an index with fields like

name: somefile.whatever
creator: james
lastmod: 20100518
created: 20100518

Make sure that the fields that you want to search on are indexed,
create some queries and away you go. You'll need range queries for
the before and since tests.

Good luck.

--
Ian.

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 7:57 AM, vijay reddy wrote:

Hi ,

I am planning to use Apache lucense in one of my projects, I want to
index files based on the file properties (I won’t be indexing the data)
and I want lucense to query the index so that I can quickly find list of
files to based on the properties .

E.g: give me all the files with access time greater than 10/10/2005
and access time less than 10/04/2010 and file created by james.

Can i use Lucene  for these kind of projects ?

does Lucense supprot queries like above ?