On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 12:33 PM, Uwe Schindler wrote:
How should we proceed? Stop the final artifact build and voting or proceed
with the release of 2.9? We waited so long and for most people it is faster
than slower!
I think we know that 2.9 will not be faster for everyone:
- Per-segment searching and the new comparatores are a general win,
but will be slower for some people.
- Query parsing and small document indexing will be somewhat slower
due to the new token APIs (the workarounds for back compatibility) if
token streams aren't reused.

I don't see any indication of any bugs in Lucene in this thread either.

-Yonik