Thanks to all for the replies.
I thought of a mechanism to achieve the results without reindexing or
updating the documents.

search1 = boolean query of (vol krish + vol Raj)
search2 = boolean query(vol - (vol krish and vol Raj))

Removing the results of search2 from search1 gave the desired result of
documents having only krish and raj as volunteers.

-- Regards
Ba3

Erick Erickson wrote:
Can you re-index the documents? Because it's much simpler tojust count the
number of volunteers *as you add fields to the
doc to index it* and then just add the count field after you're
done parsing the document. Your corpus is small, so this
shouldn't take very long.....

Or I completely misunderstand.

Erick