FAQ
Thanks Ian!
You were right, the problem was simply the InputStreamReader.

(Sorry this reply is a bit off-topic now, I didn't have time to work
on this specific problem earlier).

Laura
On Apr 27, 2009, at 3:24 PM, Ian Lea wrote:

Hi


The problem may well lie with the reading of the queries from disk
into your program.
Using an InputStreamReader with correct encoding (UTF-8?) should
solve it.


--
Ian.

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 12:32 PM, Laura Hollink wrote:
Hi,

I have built an index using the standardAnalyser, and am now
querying that
index, also with standardAnalyser. However, I get results I don't
understand.

I know there are a few documents about Brazil in my corpus. My
corpus is in
Dutch, and the Dutch term used is "Brazilië".

I query the index in three ways for the string "Brazilië"
1) by entering a query in the command line
2) by hardcoding the query in my java code
3) by reading in a query file, with one query in it.

The first two give me documents back, but the latter doesn't.

###CODE SNIPPET####

QueryParser parser = new QueryParser("skos:prefLabel",new
StandardAnalyzer());//the field that I need is called skos:prefLabel.
Directory fsDir = FSDirectory.getDirectory(indexDir, false);
IndexSearcher is = new IndexSearcher(fsDir);

//1) Query is command line argument
Query query = parser.parse(queryarg);
System.out.println(query.toString());
Hits hits = is.search(query);
System.out.println(hits.length());

//2) Query is hardcoded
query = parser.parse("Brazilië");
System.out.println(query.toString());
hits = is.search(query);
System.out.println(hits.length());

//3) Query is in separate queryfile called testquery.txt
query = parser.parse(queries[0]); //queries is a String[] in which
I read
all (in this case only one) queries from the file testquery.txt
System.out.println(query.toString());
hits = is.search(query);
System.out.println(hits.length());

#################


Now when I execute my code with:
java MyQueryPoser2 Brazilië

I get:
skos:prefLabel:brazili?
4
skos:prefLabel:brazili?
4
skos:prefLabel:brazili


The parsed queries are different and the resultlists are different
for the
three methods. Why doesn't the query from file give my any results?

I am working on a mac. Could this be due to some special file
encoding?

The queryfile does contain the right string:
lauras-macbook-pro:MetLucene laura$ cat testquery.txt
Brazilië


thanks for any help.

Laura


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: java-user-unsubscribe@lucene.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: java-user-help@lucene.apache.org
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: java-user-unsubscribe@lucene.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: java-user-help@lucene.apache.org

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: java-user-unsubscribe@lucene.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: java-user-help@lucene.apache.org

Search Discussions

Discussion Posts

Previous

Related Discussions

Discussion Navigation
viewthread | post
posts ‹ prev | 3 of 3 | next ›
Discussion Overview
groupjava-user @
categorieslucene
postedApr 27, '09 at 12:26p
activeMay 28, '09 at 3:21p
posts3
users2
websitelucene.apache.org

2 users in discussion

Laura Hollink: 2 posts Ian Lea: 1 post

People

Translate

site design / logo © 2022 Grokbase