Hi Amin:
Please take a look a this blog post:
http://sujitpal.blogspot.com/2007/04/lucene-search-within-search-with.html
Best regards, Marcelo.
On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 1:18 PM, Amin Mohammed-Coleman wrote:
Hi

Sorry to re send this email but I was wondering if I could get some advice
on this.

Cheers

Amin
On 16 Feb 2009, at 20:37, Amin Mohammed-Coleman wrote:

Hi

I am looking at building a faceted search using Lucene. I know that Solr
comes with this built in, however I would like to try this by myself
(something to add to my CV!). I have been looking around and I found that
you can use the IndexReader and use TermVectors. This looks ok but I'm not
sure how to filter the results so that a particular user can only see a
subset of results. The next option I was looking at was something like

Term term1 = new Term("brand", "ford");
Term term2 = new Term("brand", "vw");
Term[] termsArray = new Term[] { term1, term2 };un
int[] docFreqs = indexSearcher.docFreqs(termsArray);

The only problem here is that I have to provide the brand type each time a
new brand is created. Again I'm not sure how I can filter the results here.
It may be that I'm using the wrong api methods to do this.

I would be grateful if I could get some advice on this.

Cheers
Amin

P.S. I am basically trying to do something that displays the following

Personal Contact (23) Business Contact (45) and so on..

--
Marcelo F. Ochoa
http://marceloochoa.blogspot.com/