Hi Zoran:
One of the biggest issues with Lucene DB integration is the network
traffic consumed as consequence of indexing or updating operation,
apart from transactionalbilty which can be relaxed in some
application.
During our Oracle Open World presentation we present some of these
issues comparing performance during indexing time (integrated solution
versus middle tier solution), network traffic, executions plans and
others.
Obviously its based on Oracle databases but the concepts are similar
for any other solutions.
You can download the complete presentation from:
http://www28.cplan.com/cbo_export/208/PS_S298820_298820_208-1_v1.pdf
http://www28.cplan.com/cbo_export/208/PS_S298820_298820_208-1_v2.pdf
To download presentations, please enter the following when prompted.
Note the Username and Password are case sensitive.
Username: cboracle
Password: oraclec6
Or you can see on-line only the Oracle Lucene integration details
using Google docs at:
http://docs.google.com/Presentation?id=ddgw7sjp_156gf9hczxv
Best regards, Marcelo.