Hi Ian,

no the wild cards should not be necessary. That was just the last try
out of some. I now the exact content of both fields in my range query.
The case is as the java code found it, but the analyzer will lowercase
it anyhow. I'm trying the SimpleAnalyzer since all other seem to ommit
single char terms.

name:("A Balladeer") (translated to name:("a balladeer") by the analyzer
gives me the doc I expect with doc Id 13002.
name:("A Perfect Circle") gives me as excpected doc Id 35833.

However:

name:["A Balladeer" TO "A Perfect Circle"] gives zero results. Tried it
also with braces around the term and such stupid things, even if they
shouldn't be needed in a range query.

I'm kinda clueless.

Cheers,
Thomas

Ian Lea wrote:
Hi

Are you sure your range queries should have wild card asterisks on the
end? Looks odd to me and I don't know what the effect would be.

I'd also prefer everything in lower case but maybe you've got the
right analyzers being used consistently in indexing and searching
chains.

--
Ian.