There is a big difference between GeoSearch and GeoSort. GeoSearch
means you are looking for data within a certain range. To implement
this index structures like R-Trees help, because they make it a lot
easier to think in "boxes". GeoSort is just to sort the data in
relation to a given point in a 2D environment. So you always have to
compute the distance from the given point to the locations of the
documents. I think this is the only possibly approach?