15 jul 2008 kl. 09.50 skrev Sascha Fahl:

I read the chapter about custom sort methods and hacked around with
the GeoSort. Are there ways to improve the algorithm? Espacially
calculating the distance for ALL documents in the index is a bad
idea because only the distance for hitted documents are of interest.
That could save lots of time because the number of hits compared to
all documents in an index usually is pretty small.
GeoLucene and LocalLucene are both branches of Lucene hacked to handle
geo-positioning problems. You might want to take a look at them if
that is features you are looking for. I suppose the code in the book
is mearly an example to show how to implement a custom sort, but I
didn't read it so I'm just guessing here.

karl