I see some strange behavoiur of lucene. The following scenario.
While adding documents to my index (every doc is pretty small, doc-
count is about 12000) I have implemented a custom behaviour of
flushing and committing documents to the index. Before adding
documents to the index I check if wether der ramDocCount has reached a
certain number of if the last commit is a while ago. If so i flush the
buffered documents and reopen the IndexWriter. So far, so good.
Indexing works very well. The problem is that if I send requests with
die IndexReader while writing documents with the IndexWriter (I send
around 10.000 requests to lucene) I reopen the IndexReader every 100
requests (only for testing) if the IndexReader is not current. The
first around 4000 requests work very well, but afterwards I always get
the following exception:

at org.apache.lucene.search.TermScorer.score(TermScorer.java:126)
at org.apache.lucene.util.ScorerDocQueue.topScore(ScorerDocQueue.java:
112)
at
org
.apache
.lucene
.search
.DisjunctionSumScorer.advanceAfterCurrent(DisjunctionSumScorer.java:172)
at
org
.apache
.lucene.search.DisjunctionSumScorer.next(DisjunctionSumScorer.java:146)
at org.apache.lucene.search.BooleanScorer2.score(BooleanScorer2.java:
319)
at org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.search(IndexSearcher.java:
146)
at org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.search(IndexSearcher.java:
113)
at org.apache.lucene.search.Hits.getMoreDocs(Hits.java:100)
at org.apache.lucene.search.Hits.(Searcher.java:46)
at org.apache.lucene.search.Searcher.search(Searcher.java:38)

This seems to be a temporarily problem because opening a new
IndexReader after all documents were added everything is ok again and
the 10.000 requests are all right.

So what could be the problem here?

reg,
sascha