Ah great that was the kind of stuff I was looking for.

Right now I have < 1000 results, so it won't kill me to use hits. I will
look into Hit Collection for my next release to fix that...

Erick Erickson wrote:
Watch out though. By "hit' I assume you mean a Hits object. Iterating
over a large result set with a Hits object can be very inefficient because
the query re-executes every 100 or so. Think about a HitCollector
instead.

Best
Erick.