From: Daan de Wit
Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2008 13:44
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: RE: Is it possible to get only one Field from a Document?

This is possible, you need to provider a FieldSelector to IndexReader#document(docId, selector). This won't work with Hits though, because Hits does not expose the document number, so you need to roll your own solution using TopDocs or HitCollector, for information see the discussion in this issue: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-1290

Kind regards,
Daan de Wit