From: Grant Ingersoll
Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2008 8:53 AM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: How international languages are supported in Lucene

Hi Michael,

That's a pretty open ended question and, I'm assuming, by
"international languages" you mean non-English :-). You might get
some mileage out of
http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/IndexingOtherLanguages
but it is a bit out of date (namely the sandbox references).
Lucene indexes non-English languages just like it does English. You
need to figure out what Analyzer you need (have a look in the contrib/
Analyzers code/javadocs for many existing languages) and then pretty
much everything else is the same. Namely, the same principals apply
(what to store, index, etc.), as they do in English.

Did you have something specific in mind? i.e. how to handle Chinese
or some specific language? Lastly, if you do have a language in mind,
try searching the mail archives for the name of that language.

HTH,
Grant