https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-1278 solves this problem
On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 1:32 AM, Anshum wrote:

Hey Alex,
I guess you haven't tried warming up the engine before putting it to use.
Though one of the simpler implementation, you could try warming up the
engine first by sending a few searches and then put it to use (put it into
the serving machine loop). You could also do a little bit of preprocessing
while initializing the daemon rather than waiting for the search to hit it.
I hope I understood the problem correctly here, else would have to look
into
it.

--
Anshum