hi,
I have a ValueSourceQuery that makes use of a stored field. The field contains roughly 27.27 million untokenized terms.
The average length of each term is 8 digits.
The first search always takes around 5 minutes, and it is due to the createValue function in the FieldCacheImpl.
The search is executed on a RAID5 disk array of 15k rpm.

any hints as to make the fieldcache createvalue faster ? I have tried a bigger cache size for BufferedIndexReader (8kb or more) ,
but the time it took for createValue to execute is still in the realm of 4, 5 minutes.

thanks

5 GB 超大容量 、創新便捷、安全防護垃圾郵件和病毒 — 立即升級 Windows Live Hotmail
http://mail.live.com

groupjava-user @
categorieslucene
postedMay 19, '08 at 6:57p