Subject: RE: Lucene multifield query problem
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 13:26:24 -0500
From: sarowe@syr.edu
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org

Hi Rakesh,

Set the default QueryParser operator to AND (default default operator :) is OR):

<http://lucene.apache.org/java/2_2_0/api/org/apache/lucene/queryParser/QueryParser.html#setDefaultOperator(org.apache.lucene.queryParser.QueryParser.Operator)>

Steve
On 12/18/2007 at 1:22 PM, Rakesh Shete wrote:

Hi all,

I am facing problem with the following multifield query:

i_title:indoor* i_description:indoor* -i_published:false
+i_topicsClasses.id:1_1_*_*

The above query returns me even results which should not be
there. Ideally I would like the query resullts as:

(i_title:indoor* i_description:indoor* -i_published:false)
AND (i_topicsClasses.id:1_1_*_*)

i.e. The intersection of the first part and second part.

But what is happening currently is that I get a union of the
first part and second part, i.e., whatever results are
returned by "i_title:indoor* i_description:indoor*
-i_published:false" are combined (union) with results
returned by "+i_topicsClasses.id:1_1_*_*".

How do I write a query that returns me results which are an
intersection of the above 2 parts?

--Regards,
Rakesh S