Hi koji,
please give me an example. Let me explain what I want to do:
I have indexed some documents. Now I want to update the ranking of the
documents based on following criteria:

1.) The documents which come into search result should get one point
2.) The documents which are viewed by the user should get one point
3.) Boost the document as per the rating (suppose 1-5) given by the user.

I have only one field in my index that is content of the document.

Now how to update the boost factor of the indexed docuements without
deleting them first from the index.

Thanks & Regards,
Rohit