We have an index with fields than can be multiple (i.e. a document has
two fields called “pets” that contain “dog” and “cat”).

The problem comes when we calculate the score:

If a BooleanQuery is created as the addition of two TermQuery

TermQuery1 “pets:dog”

TermQuery2 “pets:cat”

BooleanQuery “(pets:dog pets:cat)” (boost = 3)

The score for this BooleanQuery is double (around 6) when the compared
document has the field “pets” with these two values, but we want that
the score is only 3, although there is more than one coincidence.

SUMMARY: we want that a BooleanQuery is scored like a whole Query.

Is there some way to do this?