I have two applications that share some of the same Lucene Indexes. I
recently upgrade the Lucene-core.jar from v2.0 to a nightly build (Feb.
04, 2006 - I was looking for the IndexWriter class that allows you to
merge indexes w/o optimizing).

Now I notice the index is a little different:

Prior to upgrading:

_0.cfs

deletable

segments

After upgrading:

_g.cfs

segments.gen

segments_17

Didn't think much of it until I started my test server and things
stopped working. I started debugging, and it seems like the
Lucene-core.jar (the version that was not built on Feb. 04, 2006) looks
at the new index and thinks that it does not exist... so it tries to
create a new index. It is successful at deleting the .cfs file, but not
the .gen and segments_17 (I'm assuming it doesn't recognize those types
of file).

Has anyone else run into this problem?

groupjava-user @
categorieslucene