Andrzej,

I have been trying to solve a similar problem where I need to boost
score based on the document type. Your approach is very interesting
and I want to give it a try.

I have a implementation specific question. When you mention to put as
many "1" as the boost need to be, do you mean that the resultant field
should look like "1 1 1 1 1" or "1,1,1,1,1" so that the content is
tokenized and indexed?

Suman