NGramAnalyzer should do this. I think there is one in the contribs area or in
LUA.

Dennis

On Thursday 30 November 2006 17:25, Van Nguyen wrote:
I've been trying to brainstorm on this but could not figure out a way to
go about this.

Let's say I'm searching for "batman". I want results that include:

batman

bat man

bat-man

etc.

or if I search screwdriver, I would want results to include:

screwdriver

screw drivers

etc.

I've tried using the SnowballAnalyzer. I've thought about creating a
"SynonymAnalyzer" as described in the Lucene In Action book (but that
would mean I would have to know all the synonyms for each word I need to
index - at this point I do not). Any suggestions on how to go about
this?

Van