This is more of a design question. I have a ton of email that is
indexed. I need to search based on a date range so I use a RangeQuery
added to a BooleanQuery to search. This works. Now I need to include
another clause that will narrow the result even more. AND on top of
that I will need some security applied to the search that will not show
email to those that it does not belong to.

I could easily go through and add query's but I have a feeling I should
use a filter somewhere. What are the best practices when deciding what
to do?

Thanks,
Michael