I'm implementing a spellchecker in my search and have a question.

After creating the index and spellchecker index, I pass in the word
"ducted tape" to search (I am expecting "duct tape" back).

I've played around with boosting the prefixes and suffixes, setting the
accuracy, passing in an IndexReader and field to search on and setting
'morePopular' to true, but my search never returns "duct tape".

From the SpellChecker class, I see that for the word "ducted", it tries
to find the

start3:duc^2.0 end3:ted gram3:duc gram3:uct gram3:cte gram3:ted
start4:duct^2.0 end4:cted gram4:duct gram4:ucte gram4:cted

I checked to see if the word "duct" even exist in the spellchecker index
and it does. I specified a number of similar words to return that
exceeds the number of results I get from a above mentioned query to see
if I can see all the terms that it the spellchecker is suggesting; but I
do not see "duct" as a word that it is even suggested.

The list it returns is:

[dotted, coated, ductile, plated, vented, mounted, united, listed,
ductape, reduced]

Anyone have suggestions as to how to proceed from here??

Van
This communication and any documents, files, or previous electronic mail messages attached to it constitute
an electronic communication within the scope of the Electronic Communication Privacy Act, 18 USCA 2510.
This communication may contain non-public, confidential, or legally privileged information intended for the
sole use of the designated recipient(s). The unlawful interception, use or disclosure of such information is
strictly prohibited under 18 USCA 2511 and any applicable laws.

groupjava-user @
categorieslucene
postedJun 7, '06 at 12:45a
activeJun 13, '06 at 7:57p